Questions I want to ask Karin + Linford from Over the Rhine
In just a few hours, Fuller students are getting treated to a rare hour with Karin and Linford from Over the Rhine. After twenty (20!?!) years of making music together, walking with God, and one beautiful marriage these two will answer our questions about life/art/miscellany.
If you have any questions you’d like me to try to ask, post them here and I’ll see what I can do.
1. What writers have influenced you the most, lately?
2. What is the story behind (my all-time favorite song and yes please come and play it on my wedding day) “Bothered”?
3. Where has God accidentally showed up in your songs?
4. Can you please release a record of Linford playing his Mama’s favorite hymns? I grew up in a Pentecostal church and missed all that stuff.
5. Pain and redemption are so evident in your work. What were your most difficult songs to write/finish/perform?