1. After I’ve been back in the States for over a year, I get this nice email from the Portuguese embassy asking me politely, “Do you still need a visa for Portugal?” My visa was “in process” for 3.5 years.
2. I am going to be a little old lady in Pasadena in less than 10 days! I will make my home there, with the wonderful Klein family. (Well, it is really Altadena. But who’s counting.)
3. I keep talking to people about “my bike” as if I already own a bike in California. (I like imagining me riding to “my new job at Peet’s coffee” as if it is also already mine.)
4. I have successfully cleaned out my psychotic email inbox from 1000 emails down to 15. All apologies if you’ve only just received a reply to an email you sent me in June.
5. Since I had unanswered emails going back to 2006, I learned I’ve been using a recalled-battery for my iBook (her name is Pearl). For over a year I’ve used a Pearl that could’ve overheated and caught fire.
6. I missed a phone date last night at 9pm because I was already asleep. Jetlerium does strange things to little girls.
7. Remembering the size of the produce in England. I left my baby zucchini there.
8. Right now, 100 business cards are being printed for my new freelance writing/editing business…Fresh Green Writing!